I live for days like these. The littlest things. Not even big planned events just really simple chilling. When Emily and I got the ice, feeling like teenagers. With Emma, Cano, Cesar driving. With Katya begging to be on anyone but Emily's team. With two on two with Terrence. With basketball and the girls, and Momo and Rosa Parks. With Valeria and her incessant need to be with Emma at all costs. With Emma's bandwagon K-pop fan girling. With the lit music. With chick-fil-a trips where I'm not the one needing to feel guilty. [okay lowkey still felt really guilty just because I don't want Emma to get in trouble and also I knew we shouldn't have pressured her, I should have just said no.] With Amittai and Katya's cute colors. With Eilleen and her screams and her 'love yas'. With Abi and her laugh and teasing and just EVERYONE. Pistachio Almond Ice Cream and tennis and the hottest room in the world and drawing and Emma sleeping and my heart sinking every time she falls asleep but then not caring after. With snapchat filters and face swaps and prom dresses! With Alexis and her refreshing personality. With cleaning up Katya's kitchen only to find her housekeeper. With not riding home with Emma and getting to see Kim's parents again. And knowing on the other side I have Christine and Curtis. Feeling reassured and feeling sure period. I'm clinging to this because I know the confidence and comfort will only last for this fleeting moment, and I'll return to being insecure and pessimistic.
No comments:
Post a Comment